Transitioning from business ownership is likely the most important personal and financial event of your life. Our goal at Affinity Ventures is to make it the most fulfilling and profitable as well. Whether you consider selling your business now or sometime during the next 10 years, developing a strategic plan to grow its value is vital so that you can realize the optimum value of your life’s work.
Our Proven Exit Planning Process
Exit or pre-sale planning is a personalized process that results in the creation and execution of a strategy that allows you to exit your business on your own terms and conditions. Affinity Ventures and their trusted affiliates accomplish this by incorporating the proven seven-step, exit-planning process.
- Alignment of owner objectives with business and personal financial resources
- Quantify business and personal resources
- Plan for maximizing and protecting business value
- Plan for ownership transfers to third parties
- Plan for ownership transfers to insiders
- Business continuity plan
- Consideration for personal wealth and estate planning
This process—comprised of discovery, strategy, and implementation—puts you in control and provides a written roadmap based on your answers to each of the following key questions:
- Do you know when you want to leave your business?
- Do you know your exact retirement goals and what it will take, in monetary terms, to reach them?
- Do you know how much your business is worth in enterprise value?
- Do you know what buyers are looking for in your industry?
- Do you know how to sell your business to a third party and pay the least possible taxes?
- Do you know how to transfer your business to family members, co-owners, or employees while paying the least possible taxes and enjoying maximum financial security?
- Do you have a contingency plan for your business if the unexpected happens to you?
- Do you have a plan to secure financial independence for your family if the unexpected happens to you?
Our planning process is a team-oriented approach that includes working with your existing attorneys, CPAs, and other trusted consultants. Frequently, the exit plan involves action items from our other service offerings, such as mergers and acquisition services, value enhancement services, and valuation services.