Bruce Burns is the founder and CEO of Affinity Ventures, which originated in 1995. Bruce’s 30 years of mergers and acquisitions experience started with a private equity-backed management buyout in 1986 of Abbey Home Healthcare from Baxter Travenol. Bruce was the VP of Mergers & Acquisitions. After going public in 1990, the company grew from $60M to $525M and merged with another public company to form Apria Healthcare, a billion-dollar public company in 1995. He currently leads Affinity Ventures’s deal-making team, which collectively has been involved in over $2 billion in transactions.
Bruce has held multiple executive positions in several healthcare and rental companies, where he was responsible for divisions exceeding $80 million in revenue with multiple service centers. With his hands-on approach to business, he has turned two distressed companies into leading performers in their specific sector, one of which was a PE-backed division buyout from a large, publicly held U.S.-based company.
Mr. Burns understands the unique challenges of starting and running companies, having founded and sold eight privately-held businesses over the past 40 years. He is an active private equity investor and has served on the board of 10 privately held companies.
Bruce received the industry’s highest designation, The M&A Source Merger & Acquisition Master Intermediary, held by less than 150 professionals, in 2008. He is also a certified merger and acquisition intermediary (CMAI) and certified business intermediary (CBI).
- Managing Member, Murphy Business and Financial, Mountain West Region
- Regional Manager, Abbey Home Healthcare, Inc.
- CEO, Abbey Party Rents, Inc.
- Executive Vice President, Inc. Abbey Party Rents, Inc.
- VP, Abbey Home Healthcare, Inc. CEO, Murphy Business & Financial NM Region
- VP of Mergers & Acquisitions, Abbey Home Healthcare, Inc.
- CEO, Advanced Respiratory Solutions, Inc.
- Attended the University of Chicago Executive MBA program
- BS, Business Administration & Economics, Northern State University, SD
- M&A Master Intermediary (M&AMI), Certified Merger & Acquisition Intermediary (CMAI), and Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
Sports cars, motorcycles, motor racing, bicycling, snow skiing, exercising, and spending time with his four grandsons and their families.